If you’re a girly girl like myself, makeup is just something that adds extra flare to each day filled with only the best accessories and outfits. Anyways, makeup is totally apart of an outfit when you think of it: lipsticks, highlighters, eyeshadows… You get it! I don’t understand the controversy over wearing makeup or not. Its a personal choice, just like everything else we do on a day to day basis. Of course, I am strictly speaking of wearing makeup appropriately for the occasions we are a part of. Im not one to explode on the bright and exaggerating looks, but enhancing and glamming is something I am soooo for, and all about.
Nothing like making your baby blues pop, or your sun kissed skin brighter, OR your sleepy under eyes concealed. LOL- Always!! So, without further-a-do I want to introduce my morning makeup routine, and what I use to prep for my day-to-day life. AKA working and attending class… (Well, not anymore!!) So, my makeup routine is worn for a causal and professional environment. (I like to think I do a nice job with that, but i’ll let you be the judge).
- Fresh Hydration Face Cream-
- Super re*fresh*ing and cool. I love how thin it is when it is applied to my face in the AM. It soaks up quickly and gives my face the perfect amount of moisture before it has makeup on it.
- NAKED Skin Weightless Ultra Definition liquid foundation–
- There is nothing so light and flawless as this liquid foundation. I have tried sooo many, and this one is by far my favorite. It is so smooth and light, its like you don’t have anything on, while it evens everything out on your face leaving it flawless. 10/10!! Bought @ Ulta- also 24 shades to choose from… WOW!
- NARS Soft Velvet Loose Powder–
- Gets the job done. I’ve used this for a few years now… Bought it at Nordstrom and matched my skin tone well…
- Too Faced Brow Envy-
- I bought this at Nordstrom Rack, and I just love! It is like an eye shadow, but the mini brush it comes with allows me to follow along with the shape of my eye brow. Exaggerating your brows are DEF trending but I’m just trying to make my blonde hairs into brown so you can see them… LOL. Irish gal probs 101!
- NARS Orgasm Blush–
- My sister bought this for me for Christmas, and I was honestly all set with a blush. I started using it with a smaller blush brush, and I think it adds the perfect pale pink and shimmer to my cheeks for a daily wear. I am impressed!
- NAKED Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer–
- **Been there, done that, I know, I know!! BUT if you missed last weeks post, this concealer literally covers everything, and I am not ashamed to admit how obsessed I am with it!! Love how much it brightens my eyes!!
- Soleil Tan De Chanel–
- Thanks Robyn for getting me hooked on my gal coco chanel’s bronzer!! Bronzer is just a must have- and it is something that I personally go through quickly, especially in the summer. However, this bronzer is creamy and I apply it with a kabuki brush as it melts onto my face… AHHHHH! This has a small shimmer to it, as well as a beautiful small scent! Another 10/10 for everyday use.
- NAKED 3 palette–
- Love me some NAKED palettes… The light blush pink tones in this allows for a subtle look for someone looking to achieve the natural look. The darker tones are for the evening look, or something more formal. Either way, I think the NAKED pallets are all versatile and worth while. Pictured: Urban Decay primer potion… I put this on before and without it- I wouldn’t have any eyeshadow left… So it truly makes my shadow stay ON!
- Trish McEvoy Jet Black Mascara-
- Strolling through Nordstrom and the sales woman got me. UGH! Anyways- love this love this love this!! I think the coolest part is that when it is taken off, it balls up instead of running down your face. So, essentially the cleanest mascara you can own (must be why I’m obsessed LOL). So, I think the color is great, I just wish it gave more volume. Standing there painting my lashes on is definitely my least favorite part of my routine. (Prob cause I barely have any!!!)
- All Night Longer Urban Decay Setting Spray-
- I swear by this!!! I think it truly works. There is nothing worse than makeup melting off, and with this I find it rare that it does. It makes your makeup truly stay on all day!
So, my process is about 10 steps give or take- and it truly doesn’t take too much time for me each morning. Believe me, I am a firm believer of how beauty does in fact come from within, but there is nothing like leaving your house with extra definition and confidence to go have the best day you possibly can.
I am always open to trying new things, either with BirchBox, or ipsy, but what are my fellow bloggers wearing? I’d love to know!!